Vivace Faculty Concert | Dec. 9th, 2019
Time & Location
About the Event
• The concert is a special occasion and so it is customary to dress nicely.
• Please arrive 20 minutes earlier in order to find a comfortable place to sit.
• The audience minimum age for the recital is 6 years old.
• Turn off all cell phones and any electrical devices that may produce sound.
• Once the recital begins, please listen and be quiet. Please read this Recital Etiquette in advance.
• If you arrive late, please wait to enter between pieces when you hear applause.
• Do not enter the recital hall or switch seats while someone is performing.
• The soloist will bow and your response is to applaud politely!
• No whistling, yelling, or other loud methods of congratulations, especially prior to the performance, please. If a performer is focused and ready to play, but becomes distracted with the “cat-calling” and “whooping” it can really throw off his or her performance. While boisterous congratulations are meant to show support for the performer, it may actually cause unintended problems instead. The best way to show appreciation for the performance is with thunderous applause, and an occasional “bravo” at the end of an especially great performance.
• Respect the performers. Unnecessary noise from whispering, talking, candy wrappers, etc. during a program is NOT acceptable. Reading, studying, and writing letters during a program are also inappropriate.
• Please stay until the performance or event is completely over. If you have other obligations or matters to attend to before the recital is over, please do not attend.
• Flash photography is not appropriate during a performance. You may videotape and/or take flash photography as the performer is approaching or leaving the stage.
• All foods, chewing gum or beverages are forbidden in the music hall and waiting area. If cough drops are necessary, remove them before playing;
- Vivace Faculty Concert$0$00$0